Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Preamble

Summary
  • I'm a software guy who started learning electronics
  • I'm writing this blog because if I think this is interesting then someone else probably does too.
The Story
 
I have been programming since 7th grade when I first found that you could modify the Gorillas game written in QBasic that came with MSDOS. I would make the bananas all different colors. Very sophisticated. Later I wrote a flashcard program for learning Turkish vocabulary. My Turkish teacher was very impressed. I never really decided to go into Computer Science in college. I just kept doing what I had always been doing and ended up with that degree.

Hardware is nice. Without it I wouldn't have a place to run my software. After 15 years of programming I have finally decided to learn the basics of electronics. I want to write software that makes things move. I am interested in home automation- especially for tasks that are a chore like watering the garden. I also want to learn something new and this promises to be fun.

Somewhere there is a geeky software engineer like me with a decent knowledge of computers, a rudimentary understanding of electromechanical physics, and an interest in electronics. Hopefully this will save them some time.

Learn something new and go build something cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment